If you want to buy a popcorn maker, you’ll have the same doubts I had at the time. To make the process easier for you, I’m going to tell you everything you need to know before buying your popcorn maker.
There are several different types of homemade popcorn machines, and each one has its advantages and disadvantages. So, before you decide for none, I invite you to take 5 minutes and read this information to get the best possible popcorn online — both in quality and price.
You’ll also like to know that Amazon guarantees all popcorn makers if you don’t like them. Although considering the thorough analysis I’ve done, any popcorn maker you see here I promise you will enjoy it for years and at an excellent price.
It’s incredible how inexpensive some home popcorn machines are. Finding a cheap popcorn will be much easier on the internet than in a physical store like Currys, Argos or others.
After carefully analyzing the entire range available to buy homemade popcorn machines, you will see that we have only added a few here and this is because we prefer quality to quantity.
If a popcorn or popcorn machine does not have enough quality for us to buy it personally, it won’t be here. We want our friends to be able to find out here when they want to buy their popcorn. And we want them to be happy with their purchase.
My best posts about popcorn makers
This website prides itself on offering the most exhaustive information about popcorn and popcorn makers. If you desire to know our best tips, the most useful articles about popcorn maker, and our most successful guides, we have collected them all here.
So you have the best starting point before beginning to jump through our website.
And of course, not ignoring our popcorn recipe section!
Here are the best-rated popcorn makers in 2019
That’s why you’re only going to see a few recommended machines despite having analyzed more than 60 different models. With all the information you will see here, without any of these convinces you, you can follow one of the links and start looking for your other different models that may be more to your liking.
Keep in mind that there are many different models and that companies slightly change the design, but the functionality is the same.
Remember to get popping corn too:
Imagine that you get the popcorn maker this afternoon when you want to use it, it turns out that you didn’t think about buying corn to use it. Well, that’s funny!
In addition to buying a popcorn machine, add to your list a pack of corn grains to put you from the first minute to enjoy the homemade popcorn you could already be making.
For example, quite a few of the products I have analyzed previously have been practically identical with the only difference being changing the brand and price. Changing the colour of the popcorn machine and slightly its physical design.
Beyond its aesthetic finish, it isn’t essential in the final result of the popcorn. After all, that’s what interests you. So the advice I give you is not to get carried away because you like a brand beforehand, the designs of other brands will have a similar result.
Which model is best for making popcorns? Microwave, hot air or electric.
Microwave popcorn poppers have all the advantages of microwave popcorn bags but avoiding the health risks. Find out more about the harmful effects of traditional popcorn bags almost at the end of the article. Several of the models designed to work in a microwave allow popcorn to be made to the taste of the consumer, i.e. with or without oil, salt or any other type of spice that may be added.
As far as the disadvantages of these microwave popcorn makers are concerned, there is little to say. Keep in mind that in microwaves popcorn dries more quickly than with other cheap but quality popcorn.
It happens most often when the microwave is set in long-life mode to make edible corn kernels. When making popcorn this way with the microwave, you need to pay more attention to it than if you use a hot air model or an electric popcorn popper.
Types of popcorn maker
Oil popcorn maker:
These popcorn makers use oil or butter to prepare popcorn. They have a generally metallic or transparent lid so that the popcorn can be seen as it is made. With these models, you have to move the corn grains inside the popcorn while they are being made.
If you use this model, you have to be careful when it comes to having the right temperature, and not leave them too long homemade popcorn on the fire. Otherwise they will end up burning more than the bill.
To move the grains is used a crank that rotates internal arms that drive the bottom to run the popcorn always. It prevents them from burning while making as many grains as possible. I think popcorn with oil is a good option if you want to add salt to it, as the oil will make it stick more easily to butter popcorn.
Hot air popcorn:
In this case, popcorn is created by using hot air to make popcorn from the corn kernels. These models make ready-made popcorn pass through a hopper and fall directly into the bowl from which we will eat the popcorn.
Hot air popcorn allows you to enjoy the popcorn without having to use any oil. It will enable us to enjoy a healthier snack. That’s a big plus if you want to take care of yourself and also get one of the best prices out there.
These models are designed for people who want to have popcorn and do not want to add salt or other spices to accompany them because it will be tough to stick to the popcorn. However, they are the healthiest of all.
On the other hand, the negative aspect of making popcorn with hot air is the scarce variety of popcorn we can make. Since it works without any oil, it is challenging for the salt and other spices that we want to add to the homemade popcorn to adhere to them.
Microwave popcorn makers:
The perfect popcorn machine for those looking for something that takes up little space. They are an ideal alternative for those looking for the lowest price, although for low price there are many models of popcorn machines to choose. Take a look at this model and the ones in this section, and select the one that suits you best – it’s up to you!
Traditional hot surface and electric popcorn makers:
If you have children at home and have ever been asked how to make popcorn at home and how is the process by which the corn grains pass to eat them, this model is the right one to answer them by letting them see for themselves.
These models not only allow you to see how popcorn is made, but also prepare it in large quantities and you don’t need to watch while they are being made and they are perfect for entire families.
These two models use oil and need to shake the corn grains to prevent them from burning the grains we have introduced. It is important to emphasize that oil is indispensable in this type of popcorn machines. Otherwise, they will not be done correctly.
In the case of electric ones, they come with a metal arm that moves at the bottom of the machine to make popcorn uniformly and adequately. It s to prevent too many uncooked popcorn grains.
While with popcorn makers of hot surface, you must be watching and shaking, to make sure that all popcorns are cocked and to avoid that those that are already made and are in the bottom are burned.
It has the advantage that when using oil can be seasoned with salt or any spice you want, such as butter for example. Its big drawback is that if you don’t take the measure, you will probably end up burning a few popcorn or leave many grains of corn without making. Just as it requires you to keep an eye on the machine while it’s running, something that doesn’t happen with other models.
Professional and Commercial popcorn machines:
la crème de la crème when it comes to popcorns. It allows you to make a lot of popcorn at the same time, and it can be temperature and keeps them warm. It’s the ideal machine if you want to make a date to watch a movie at home with many friends. All at once, you can take out a large amount of popcorn with these commercial popcorn making machine to go eating all. With the other versions, you would have to take them out in several batches.
What if, since it is a professional machine that can go in any place that wants to prepare popcorn for sale, the size it has is considerable. Something to keep in mind before buying it if your house is small.
Vintage Popcorn Machines:
If there’s one thing everyone likes, it’s the look of popcorn machines in both old and new cinemas. That’s why one of the models that people want to buy the most is vintage popcorn, and I think it’s a perfect choice for those who are moviegoers and moviegoers.
Also, its price makes vintage popcorn affordable for everyone.
Which of these popcorn machines is right for me?
Well we’ll see about that later if you want to click here and you can directly read an article that deals more directly with the subject. For now, if you need or want to make popcorn with butter, or something similar, an oil popcorn maker is the best option. If you’re going to have popcorn with a lower calorie content, then an air popcorn machine is your ideal choice.
It all depends on the needs you want to cover with your popcorn and the number of people who are going to eat popcorn. Preparing popcorn for two people is not the same as making popcorn for eight people. Again, I refer you to the section on which model best suits your needs.
Advantages and benefits of using a popcorn maker
The idea of buying a popcorn machine has some excellent benefits. Enough to seriously consider having one. After all, both your health and your pocket will appreciate it.
A saving for your pocket
Popcorn is a much cheaper snack than others in comparison. Similarly, the electrical consumption of preparing popcorn is also low, and corn grains are very affordable.
Keep in mind that the same amount of corn grains for a popcorn making machine is priced lower than the same amount of corn grains in microwave bags. Which in the long run, puts a savings to keep in mind.
Taking care of your health
Considering how harmful can be the chemicals that bring bags of corn grains for the microwave, popcorn is a great option to take care of your health and that of your family. They are entirely safe and easy to use without having to worry about such problems.
Also, being able to choose to prepare popcorn without using any oil helps to make them even healthier if you want to take maximum care of the calories and salt consumed.
With this type of machine, you can have popcorn of the taste you like, cheese, keel, garlic, salt, caramel. You can prepare popcorns the way you want without any problem.
Popcorn in the microwave or popcorn maker? The importance of choosing well for your health
In recent years there has been a great deal of controversy over whether popcorn bags made in the microwave can be harmful to health. It’s due to the diacetyl used in microwave popcorn bags. This chemical is used to give it a butter taste and has been associated with health problems such as constrictive bronchiolitis. This disease is known as popcorn lung disease.
It’s worrying and is one reason why it is worth buying a popcorn machine to make them homemade. In this way, you protect your health and can enjoy better quality popcorn prepared to your liking.
It is also essential to bear in mind that it is necessary to consume popcorn very frequently to develop this problem. Although each person is different, and there is no need to take risks when there is an alternative perfectly designed to take care of your health.
Due to problems with the chemical used since 2007 and 2008, the chemical diacetyl is no longer used in most microwave popcorn bags. However, there are other chemicals used in the same containers that can produce harmful health effects not yet discovered as was the case with diacetyl. A homemade popcorn will save you from having to worry about these chemicals.
Top-ranked brands that sell popcorn
Lékué: One of the best-known brands when it comes to microwave popcorn. Small and easy to store, their popcorn machines are a jewel in quality and price.
- Healthy, natural popcorn with no saturated fats
- Collaspable, doesn't take up too much space in the kitchen
- Easy to use, add the corn kernals, heat in microwave and enjoy
- Made out of 100% Platium Silicon
- Suitable for Microwave & Dishwasher
- PERFECT PERFORMANCE: The Volcano popcorn machine has a stainless-steel container with a built-in heating system and a stirrer. The machine heats up quickly with a full 300 watts of power, ensuring the...
- WARMING FUNCTION: Visually, the Klarstein Popcorn Machine pays proper homage to the golden age of rock ?n roll with a classic 1950s design. The impressive interior lighting adds to the visual effect...
- SUFFICIENT QUANTITY: The Klarstein Popcorn Maker can produce up to 60 litres of popcorn per hour. If necessary, the stainless-steel pot can be tilted and emptied in certain cycles. The stirrer ensures...
- EASY TO CLEAN: For easy access to and viewing of the popcorn, the Klarstein Volcano machine has a door with a magnetic lock and a panoramic window to facilitate its cleaning after making popcorn.
- Please be advised that this device comes with a licensed EU to UK converter plug attached. Therefore, we will open the package and pre-install it for your convenience prior to shipping.
- Our classic, red and white retro popcorn maker lets you cook delicious, fresh and healthy, homemade theatre style popcorn; perfect for movie nights at home. Comes with six, cinema style popcorn boxes.
- This popcorn popper cooks without the need of oil or butter for a much healthier snack. Using only hot air circulating in the machine to heat up the kernels, have great popcorn in less than 6 minutes!
- It’s super simple to use too! Just add some kernels to the inner chamber, switch it on and wait for the popping; in no time at all you’ll have a healthier, low calorie, fat free snack.
- The small table top design ensures that this popcorn maker doesn’t take up too much countertop space and is easy to store away when not in use.
- Dimensions: 295mm Height x 150mm Width x 170mm Length. Kernel Chamber Depth: 70mm.
- FRESH POPCORN AT HOME: Bring the wonderful scent of fresh popcorn to your home. This amazing retro popcorn popper is a real eyecatcher and perfect for any party!
- EASY TO BRING WITH YOU: Great to place in your home, perfect to take with you! Bring the pop corn maker machine to your next party and let your family or friends taste the delicious popcorn!
- WITHOUT OIL AND BUTTER: Stop eating greasy popcorn! This machine produces fresh, crispy popcorn using hot air only. There is no butter or oil involved at all! Healthy popcorn for calorie-conscious...
- EASY TO USE: Put the popcorn kernels in the hot air popcorn maker and press the start button; there is nothing more to it! EASY TO CLEAN: simply wiping it with a piece of cloth is sufficient.
- FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: Perfectly suitable for a movie night, a low-calorie snack when your friends come over, or whenever you fancy a tasty snack!
- EASY TO USE – It couldn’t get simpler than this to make delicious, fresh and healthy, homemade theatre style popcorn for perfect movie nights at home. With just a push of a button, now you can...
- AIR CIRCULATION COOKING - A powerful 1200 watt heating element allows hot air to circulate rapidly throughout the machine, ensuring the popcorn is cooked that much more swiftly.
- ELEGANT DESIGN - This popcorn maker has a stylish and compact design. It has black ON/OFF switch. This top of this maker has a spout, and your popcorn gets collected in a bowl without causing a mess....
- LARGE CAPACITY - The maker can make popcorn quickly. You can get a full bowl of popcorn in each use. It reduces the number of redo's to be done and gives you enough to share with your family. Create...
- 2 YEARS MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
- 【Homemade Popcorn Of Colourful Flavours】- Aicok retro popcorn maker lets you cook delicious, fresh and healthy, homemade theatre-style popcorn; From Sweet & Buttery all the way to Parmesan Cheese...
- 【Healthy】- This popcorn popper cooks through hot-air circulation, without oil or butter for a much healthier snack full of fiber. Have great popcorns in less than 3 minutes!
- 【Easy To Use & Clean】- Just add kernels to the inner chamber, switch it on and wait; in no time at all, you'll have it. Lid doubles up as a butter melting cup. Complete with an on/off switch and...
- 【Portable & Lightweight】- The small design ensures that this popcorn maker won't occupy much of your kitchen space and is easy to store away when not in use. Dimensions: 270mm Height x 130mm...
- 【Multifunctional】- The measuring cup on the top of the popcorn machine doubles as a butter melting tray, you could melt butter while your popcorn maker works, and pour the melted butter onto the...
- Popcorn at home; Make your very own crunchy and delicious popcorn from home, or use as the perfect addition to a party or wedding; this popcorn maker will make 19.5 litres of popcorn in just 1 hour,...
- Classic retro design; It will become a real feature and stand out in any household or at an event, adding 1950s vibes with its county fair feel
- Powerful and easy to use; This powerful 310W popcorn maker has simple one-touch operation to make popcorn-making even easier
- User-friendly; This machine is designed to make popcorn making fun and easy, it features a crank handle, so you can tip your popcorn out easily, a removable container for easy cleaning, and easy...
- Warranty; The popcorn maker has a 2-year warranty
- If you fancy a fun, tasty treat, this healthy Salter popcorn maker is ideal; simply add the kernels and cook for just three minutes.
- It has non-slip feet for safe operation, and a spout so the popcorn is easily released into a bowl placed underneath with no mess.
- Measuring 15l x 15.5w x 28.5h cm, the popcorn maker is conveniently sized so it will sit nicely on a table and is simple to store away.
- With 1200W power and an integrated measuring cup, 1 cup of kernels produces a bowl of popcorn, so you can make just the right amount.
- For a decadent treat, make toffee popcorn by melting butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a pan then pour over fresh warm popcorn.
- 1 measure of popcorn kernels produces 12 cups of cooked popcorn
- Using hot air circulation to pop your corn removes the need for oils or fat
- The popcorn maker’s lid doubles up as a convenient measuring spoon
- The cover is removable, so it’s quick and easy to keep clean
- Simple on/off switch operation
- 2-In-1 machine - get a popcorn maker, and an electric pancake pan in one easy to use package. Complete with popcorn lid that doubles as a bowl, 2 measuring cups and a wooden pancake spreader for 8"...
- Easy to clean - non stick coating specially formulated to make cleaning a breeze.
- Versatile temperature setting - easily change the temperature gauge to suit Whatever it is that you are cooking.
- Cook lots of other foods - this electric pan is amazing and can be used to cook eggs, omelettes, flatbreads and many other food types!
- Safe & easy to use - With it's non slip feet, and special "cool touch" Handle you will find this machine simple & safe to use.
What to keep in mind before purchasing a popcorn maker
Before you decide to buy a popcorn maker, you have to take into account the following key points to choose well. It is not all a question of thinking about which is the cheapest model or thinking that a high price implies better quality in this sector.
Size of the popcorn maker
In this section, there are several things to keep in mind. On the one hand is the size of the popcorn itself, which will influence our decision when buying a popcorn machine depending on the space we want to use.
And on the other hand the size of the container in which the popcorn will be. In this case, the capacity you have, which will finish how useful we can be in case we have to make many popcorn at the same time.
Small popcorn makers will need many more uses to make the same amount of popcorn as a larger one. What is reflected in waiting time to enjoy the popcorn and electricity spent on each batch of popcorn.
On average, a small model can hold a maximum of 2 or 3 people while a professional popcorn machine can hold enough popcorn for up to 10 people or even more if you buy a professional popcorn making machine.
So, if you’re going to be staying home with a specific frequency, choosing to buy a professional popcorn will be a more than recommended option. If on the other hand the use that you are going to give it is more limited in quantity of people to serve with the popcorn, then you will not need so much to have a professional popcorn and with choosing online a popcorn in amazon will be more than enough.
Some models are very affordable and cheap if you plan to give it very little use. It is not wrong to get out of the way and avoid using microwave popcorn bags of a lifetime. I think it’s worth spending some money on it if you like popcorn. The quality and durability of these products make them worth the investment.
Their price is very reasonable and fits all pockets. If you like movies and popcorn, be evident that having one at home is going to be something fantastic to enjoy even more the series you want. I do it, and right now I wouldn’t change it for anything anymore.
Another element that we have to take into account is the ease with which the machine can be cleaned. It is worth mentioning that in general, all domestic or homemade popcorn is easy to clean. The only ones that need some more dedication to leave them to. The professionals. The latest versions can also incorporate parts that are easy to dismantle so that they can be washed much more quickly.
Quality of materials
Another aspect of the machine that we are going to buy that we must take into account is the quality of its contents. The best popcorn are made of high-quality steel, and its crystal is resistant to scratches. There are also cheap popcorn machines that have durable plastic cover and high strength.
Here are the models that meet the requirement of having an excellent finish. Material quality is essential to avoid the risk of overheating and at the same time, guarantee a longer life of the product.
Time it takes to get the popcorn ready
The machine you choose must make popcorn fast. Its especially important if you are going to make several batches of popcorn if you are a lot of people and the machine is small. All the popcorn you can buy from here are very fast, and you will enjoy in just 2 or 4 minutes depending on the model of the popcorn.
Compress any product you buy, have a quality guarantee in case of breakdown or defects is vital. In this sense, I like to buy from big portals like Amazon again. In the case of purchasing a popcorn for Amazon, you are with a full year warranty for what may happen. Since it’s such a big company, it’s got the frying pan on the handle in case the manufacturer of the machine; I tried to go crazy. It’s a great guarantee of safety and consumer protection that’s worth taking into account.
If you like popcorn with butter, salt, or other accompaniment, a popcorn maker needs to have a dispenser installed. It will make the process of having the popcorn entirely to your liking much easier.
If you’ve used microwave popcorn bags, you’ll know how hot both the air and popcorn in the bag are when you finish making them. The popcorn popper must give you some well-made popcorn, which you can eat quickly without the risk of burning when you pick them up.
In this case, we only recommend those products that allow you to enjoy popcorn without having to worry.
In this case, we only recommend those products that allow you to enjoy popcorn without having to worry about burning when you catch them.
How to know if our popcorn is working well or if we need to use its guarantee
If you have just bought it, besides making sure that all the components are in perfect condition, you must also check the final result. During the first uses, it’s necessary to check if the corn is burned or grains are left uncocked. It is usual for some grain to remain unexploded or for some popcorn to burnt slightly.
If you feel that the amount of unburned popcorn is too high, use the warranty to get another new popcorn machine. Maybe in that case, a manufacturing defect and need to be replaced. I still don’t know anyone who has, but it’s something that can happen and you have to keep that in mind. After all, the guarantee is precisely to protect us in these situations.
Parts that make up a popcorn maker
- The bowl or bowl: in which to serve the popcorn.
- The base of the popcorn: heat the corn grains and create the popcorn. This base is usually in all-aluminium models.
- The support: that gives stability to the machine.
- The electric motor: which produces the heat for the popcorn to be made through the metal base.
- The fan that distributes the heat evenly over the entire surface so that all the popcorn can be made equally.
- Spice dispenser: some models have special dispensers, put different spices butter, for example. In this way you can have popcorn of different types depending on the condiments you want to add.
- Corn stirring arm or rod: serves to move the corn grains that are at the base and have not been made. This mechanism makes as many popcorn as possible.
Of course, popcorn makers also have on/off buttons as you might expect. That’s why we’re not going to attach more importance to that component either. Its function is quite clear, and there is not much to do with it.
My favourite Popcorn Recipes:
Homemade popcorn is healthier than commercial popcorn; you already know this, so for you to try some alternatives, we propose a wide variety of popcorn recipes. You will learn how to prepare salty popcorn, sweet, with butter and even with chocolate.
After buying a popcorn you need to know how to prepare popcorn, and for that reason I’m here. I propose you a few delicious and simple recipes.
Everything about popcorn:
Not only do I want to offer you information on popcorn machines. I would also like you to love popcorn as much as I do. For this reason, I offer here some curiosities about popcorn and popcorn machines that you did not know.
If it’s been useful to you, tell me in the comments!